How to care for Leather
- Handle leather products with clean hands as leather tends to absorb grease and oils.
- To clean; wipe the surface of your product with a damp white cotton cloth, but avoid using too much water, because leather doesn’t do well with water, and can be destroyed by too much water.
- Clean suede or nu-buck products with a suede brush or cheese eraser.
- Always test any cleaning products on an inconspicuous area of your leather item before using.
How to care for Ostrich
- Every Ostrich item is unique as the quill pattern is on every skin.
- Clean with a soft, damp cloth, free of detergent. Allow to dry completely before storing.
- Should your product come into contact with oil, make-up or hand lotion, immediately sprinkle talc powder on the affected area, allow the item to dry and wipe with a dry cloth.
- Never use detergents, chemicals or domestic cleaning agents as these could permanently damage your ostrich product.
- When not in use, store in a clean, dry, dark place out of direct light, preferably in a box or soft cloth bag.
If I have ordered an out of stock item, how long will it take?
- Our standard lead time is 4- 6 weeks to make your product
Does a Mintaka product carry a warrantee?
- Mintaka products carry a warrantee for a period of 1 year. Please note that the warranty does not cover any damage caused by misuse or neglect, accidents, normal wear and tear, exposure to extreme temperatures, solvents, acids, water, or damage by common carrying. The warranty specifically excludes any claims for incidental or consequential damages in connection with the product. To log a claim, email us on email@example.com
How do I store my product?
- Keep your leather products free from dust by storing in a protective cloth bag. Do not store in a plastic bag as leather needs to breath. Should the product accumulate some dust or debris just wipe with a clean, damp cloth. Never use any soap or detergent to clean the product. Do not store in direct sunlight or under sharp artificial light. Avoid storing in a damp closet, environment should be cool but dry. Do not allow cosmetics, perfumes or hand creams to come in contact with the leather. Any accidental oil stains should immediately be treated with talcum powder which should absorb the oil and draw most of it out of the product. Do not over fill your product as leather will stretch, but will not return to its original shape. Do not use any chemicals such as scotch guard products unless tested and approved.
I have received my product and it looks like a different colour to the picture on the web.
- There may be colour variants between the actual colour and the digital colour displayed. We cannot control the colour settings on your screen. Due to differences in lighting, screen resolution and personal colour settings, the colour of the item may slightly differ from that of the image.
How do I make payment on your site and how secure is it?
- Credit/Cheque Card Payments
- We accept Visa & MasterCard Credit Cards
- Debit Cards
- We accept Visa & MasterCard
All payments made through Mintaka are secured by PayFast and 3D Secure technology.
Payfast is one of South Africa’s most secure Visa & Mastercard processor, employing 3D Secure to add another layer of security to the payment process.
How do your size measurements work?
Please see below image: